Well they are quite often far more interesting than a ‘standard’ holiday, and they can connect to you to the place you’re visiting more readily. Also the people you meet are usually really keen that your experience is a superb one. They know that your visit is bringing benefits, and they appreciate that.
Here are 10 examples of fantastic diverse things you could enjoy on holidays which make a difference:
- Become a Maasai warrior for a week!
- Trek in the Peruvian Andes and stay at community-run campsites for a more authentic experience.
- Go pony trekking in Lesotho and stay in local villages.
- Stay in a romantic treehouse on an island in the Indian Ocean.
- Go jaguar spotting in the Brazilian Pantanal.
- Visit musicians and craftsmen in small villages in Kerala and get involved.
- Take a short break in a kasbah in Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains.
- Enjoy a safari in the Masai Mara staying at a luxury lodge.
- Explore the Amazon rainforest in Ecuador with Huaorani Indians.
- Chill out on a remote beach in South Africa, staying in a reed chalet.
There really are so many exciting things to do, so ask us for inspiration if you want, or check out the website for great ideas.
Go on, give yourself a treat, and know that your fun is bringing positive change.