A Malabar Adventure
Experience the culture, scenery, wildlife and hospitality of South India on this two-week adventure.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
3 days from £550pp plus international flights.
Explore Sajama National Park and experience culture, landscapes and scenic beauty.
- Fabulous landscapes
- Andean views of snow-capped volcanos
- Bubbling hot springs and geysers
- Home to Bolivia's Aymara people
- Visit the colourful Inca burial towers
- Bird watching at Lagunas Saquewa and Huaynacota
11 days from £1695pp plus international flights.
The majesty of Machu Picchu, scenery of the Sacred Valley and beauty of Lake Titicaca make this a very special holiday.
- Explore Inca sites in the Sacred Valley
- Two visits to Machu Picchu
- Tour Cusco and Lima
- Shop in famous Pisac market
- Homestay on Amantani Island
- Visit the Uros floating reed islands
12 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
See the main sites and set off on foot into Myanmar's (Burma) Shan Hills on this varied and active holiday.
- Two days trekking in the Shan Hills
- See the temples of Bagan
- Meet different ethnic peoples
- Watch the sunset at U Bein bridge
- Boat trip on Inle Lake
14 days from £3600pp plus international flights.
Experience the history, culture, nature and wildlife of Karnataka in Southern India followed by easy days by the Arabian Sea.
- Explore Mysore on foot
- five safaris in Kabini
- Tour a coffee plantation
- Experience hospitality in a homestay
- Relax by the beach in Malabar
- Travel in air conditioned comfort
10 days from £1400pp plus international flights.
A great introduction to southern India, this holiday will give you a glimpse into daily life and awaken all your senses.
- Enjoy the laid-back South Indian lifestyle
- Take an evening cruise round Kochi harbour
- Relax on an overnight cruise in the backwaters
- Visit spice plantations in Periyar
- Unwind at your 36-acre beach resort
- Savour tasty Keralan cuisine
5 days from £1200pp plus international flights.
Visit one of the most beautiful places on earth, one of Brazil's natural marvels. This is a place like no other.
- Stunning natural scenery
- Boat tour along the lazy river
- Fresh and tasty seafood
- Visit the only desert littered with lakes
- Enjoy a simple and tasty lunch in Cabure
13 days from £2700pp plus international flights.
A rich mix of the north's highlights - from the Taj to the ghats and from tigers to palaces.
- Admire the serene beauty of the Taj Mahal
- Explore the Pink City of Jaipur
- Look for tigers, sloth bear and antelope in Ranthambore
- Experience a slice or rural Rajasthani life
- Walk round atmospheric Fatehpur Sikri
- Immerse yourself in the sacred city of Varanasi
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more