Wildlife and Lake of Stars
The ever popular safari and beach combination works perfectly in Malawi as you go for 4x4 game drives and enjoy lakeside living
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible game viewing, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
Things to do on Lake Malawi
Private Island? Yes please!
Go off-grid at Mumbo Island. It ticks all the boxes: an eco-camp set amidst unspoiled wilderness on a teeny tiny island.
Sunset on Lake Malawi
Each sunset on Lake Malawi is unique. The blazing sun will turn the sky vibrant shades of red, orange, pink and purple which reflect on the water as another day in Africa draws to a close.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
8 days from £2500pp plus international flights.
Spend a week at 2 different locations in Malawi, a Big Five wildlife reserve and a lovely lodge set on a hillside above Lake Malawi - your very own bush and beach combination.
- See the Big Five in Majete
- Watch hippos from the viewing deck
- Choice of activities at both locations
- Snorkel in the clear waters of Lake Malawi
- Spend time in local villages
- Great holiday for families
11 days from £2900pp plus international flights.
An exciting Tanzania safari and beach holiday for the whole family.
- A private vehicle and driver on safari
- Good quality accommodation all with pools to please the kids
- Excellent wildlife viewing in the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and Tarangire
- Chill out on the beach on Zanzibar or the mainland
- Lots of watersports, sailing, fishing . . .
11 days from £5200pp plus international flights.
Experience the wildlife of Nkhotakota, the stunning mountains of the Nyika Plateau before heading for the beauty and relaxation of Lake Malawi.
- Rugged wilderness and wildlife of Nkhotakota
- Stunning scenery of Nyika National Park
- Scenic flights over contrasting areas
- Exploring wildlife of foot and in safari vehicles
- Relaxing by the lake
- Swimming and snorkelling in crystal clear waters
- Explore Likoma on foot or on a mountain bike
11 days from £8000pp plus international flights.
Explore Madagascar's nature, wildlife, beaches and culture while staying at two beautiful eco-lodges in the south, enjoying fine cuisine and excellent hospitality.
- See lemurs: ringtail, mouse, sportive ...
- Explore the unique spiny forest
- Beautiful remote beaches
- Explore coastal mangroves
- Spend time in local communities
- Gorgeous camp and lodge
Travel somewhere exciting and different with the family. Take an adventure with teenagers, show your kids wildlife and wilderness, or escape to the beach.Read more