Trekking and Culture in Otavalo
Get a feel for life in the rural Andes as you trek along traditional routes, meet farmers, craftsmen and villagers and stay in family homesteads
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as enjoying Andean scenery, hospitality and the benefits of fresh air and exercise, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
14 days from £3360pp plus international flights.
Experience the history, culture, nature and wildlife of Karnataka in Southern India followed by easy days by the Arabian Sea.
- Explore Mysore on foot
- Five safaris in Kabini
- Tour a coffee plantation
- Experience hospitality in a homestay
- Relax by the beach in Malabar
- Travel in air conditioned comfort
5 days from £1660pp plus international flights.
A guided hike though varied and scenic terrain in the Andes staying in delightful mountain lodges and hosterias.
- Hike through stunning Andean scenery
- Stay in comfy lodges and haciendas
- Reach the peak of Pasachoa (4,200m)
- Get to Ruminahui's low peak (4,600m)
- Spot wildlife such as Andean condors and wild horses
- Enjoy gorgeous landscapes such as glaciers and Limpiopungo Lake
- Take 8 days with summiting Cotopaxi, or 4-5 days without
11 days from £2400pp plus international flights.
A great combination of culture and a 5-day scenic trek in Bhutan from Paro to Thimphu.
- Trek through alpine forest and rhododendron fields
- Enjoy breath-taking views of the mountains
- Camp in private sites with your own cook and guide
- See the stunning Tigers Nest monastery
- Watch students practise traditional painting
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more