Landscapes and Cultures of Peru
Delve into the culture and spectacular landscapes of Peru as you discover some of the key sites.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as meeting interesting people and seeing some of Peru's most fabulous sites, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
Mountain biking in the Sacred Valley
Learn Peruvian cooking
In Cusco, join a cookery class and learn how to make traditional Peruvian fare.
White water rafting in Peru
Experience the thrills (and hopefully not too many spills!) of white water rafting while enjoying the great scenery of Peru's Sacred Valley or rainforest.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
8 days from £2350pp plus international flights.
Exciting game viewing in Timbavati (Kruger), dramatic scenery, and lots of activity! This is some of South Africa's superb wildlife viewing and landscapes all wrapped up in one package.
- Explore the Panorama Route inc Bourke's Luck Potholes, God's Window and more
- Chance to visit a wildlife rehabilitation centre and other highlights
- Superb luxury camp in the famous Timbavati Private Reserve
- Excellent wildlife viewing, including chances to see the Big 5
- Night drives
11 days from £2,160pp plus international flights.
The majesty of Machu Picchu, scenery of the Sacred Valley and beauty of Lake Titicaca make this a very special holiday.
- Explore Inca sites in the Sacred Valley
- Two visits to Machu Picchu
- Tour Cusco and Lima
- Shop in famous Pisac market
- Homestay on Amantani Island
- Visit the Uros floating reed islands
14 days from £2470pp plus international flights.
Travel through the colourful state of Rajasthan to see forts and palaces, lakes and desert, cities and villages.
- See the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset
- Explore Amber Fort and the Pink City of Jaipur
- See sand dunes in the Thar Desert at dusk
- View Jodhpur from Mehrangarh Fort
- Tour the desert city of Jaisalmer
- Visit the ornately carved Jain temples of Ranakpur
- Enjoy views of the Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more