Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
6 days from £900pp plus international flights.
Escape to a tropical Indian Ocean island in Tanzania. Submit to the gentle rhythm of life, easy, unhurried - a perfect beach holiday.
- Explore the islands of Pemba, Fanjove, Mafia or Chumbe
- Swim, snorkel, follow nature trails
- Sunbathe on a pristine sandbar
- Dine under the stars
11 days from £1400pp plus international flights.
Gilded temples, red-robed monks, and sacred pagodas, this holiday has it all. A perfect introduction to this fascinating country.
- Gleaming golden pagodas
- Amazing sunsets over the Irrawaddy River
- Visit the temples of Bagan
- Guided tour of the former royal city of Mandalay
- Experience life in a hill station
- See the leg-rowers of Inle Lake
15 days from £3650pp plus international flights.
Sightseeing, trekking and swimming, exploring villages and island life; this two-week holiday in Brazil has it all.
- Guided tour of Rio
- 3-day Costa Verde trek
- Explore Paraty, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Travel on the Serra Verde Express
- Unwind on Ilha do Mel
14 days from £1800pp plus international flights.
A special and diverse South India adventure. Wildlife, beaches, backwater boat trips, music, art, crafts and people
- An overnight houseboat cruise on Kerala's backwaters
- Meet local artists, craftsmen and musicians
- Stay in a 400-year-old organic farm and homestays
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary in Wayanad
- Enjoy relaxing days on a Malabar beach
17 days from £2950pp plus international flights.
An exciting combination of rural South India, the key ancient temples, cardamom and tea plantations, and the backwaters of Kerala.
- See the amazing temples at Mahabalipuram, Madurai and Thanjavur
- Visit the French influenced town of Pondicherry
- Ride in a rickshaw and a bullock cart
- Explore the little visited Chettinad area with its terracotta horses
- Stay on a tea plantation in Munnar
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala on a houseboat
- Enjoy exquisite regional cuisine
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more