Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible wildlife, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
11 days from £2400pp plus international flights.
A great combination of culture and a 5-day scenic trek in Bhutan from Paro to Thimphu.
- Trek through alpine forest and rhododendron fields
- Enjoy breath-taking views of the mountains
- Camp in private sites with your own cook and guide
- See the stunning Tigers Nest monastery
- Watch students practise traditional painting
8 days from £1950pp plus international flights.
An exciting introduction to the culture, landscape and people of Bhutan on this nine day trip. A holiday to remember.
- Mix of sightseeing and activity
- Walk to the famous Tigers Nest monastery
- Glimpse rugged Himalayan peaks
- Go rafting on the Pho Chhu river
- Learn about Bhutanese culture from your guide
- Enjoy a thrilling downhill mountain bike ride
13 days from £7900pp plus international flights.
Explore the wild, remote and compellingly beautiful region of Chile's Patagonia, whose very name conjures up excitement and adventure.
- Combine stays in a geodesic dome and an elegant cruise ship
- Spot wildlife such as eagles, condors and penguins.
- Explore mountains and icebergs of Torres del Paine on foot and by bike
- Cruise the fjords of Tierra del Fuego with excursions to glaciers
- Go ashore at Cape Horn, the 'End of the Earth'
14 days from £2470pp plus international flights.
Travel through the colourful state of Rajasthan to see forts and palaces, lakes and desert, cities and villages.
- See the Taj Mahal at sunrise and sunset
- Explore Amber Fort and the Pink City of Jaipur
- See sand dunes in the Thar Desert at dusk
- View Jodhpur from Mehrangarh Fort
- Tour the desert city of Jaisalmer
- Visit the ornately carved Jain temples of Ranakpur
- Enjoy views of the Lake Palace Hotel in Udaipur
17 days from £2950pp plus international flights.
An exciting combination of rural South India, the key ancient temples, cardamom and tea plantations, and the backwaters of Kerala.
- See the amazing temples at Mahabalipuram, Madurai and Thanjavur
- Visit the French influenced town of Pondicherry
- Ride in a rickshaw and a bullock cart
- Explore the little visited Chettinad area with its terracotta horses
- Stay on a tea plantation in Munnar
- Cruise the backwaters of Kerala on a houseboat
- Enjoy exquisite regional cuisine
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more