Highlands and Amazon
Trekking in the Andean highlands, exploring the cloudforest and venturing into the Amazon jungle add up to an exciting holiday
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as seeing fabulous landscapes, hiking among the mountains, in the cloudforest and jungle and meeting local people, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
Ecuador’s colourful markets
Experience a slice of local life at an Andean market - an onslaught of colour, smells and sounds.
Ecuador’s Amazon Jungle
You don't have to go to Brazil to experience the Amazon jungle. Read Rory's blog for a taster of what you can experience.
Haciendas of Ecuador
Explore Ecuador’s cloud forest
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £3500pp plus international flights.
A comprehensive overview of Madagascar's flora, fauna and landscapes, this trip is very hard to beat.
- Spot lemurs including the mesmerising indri
- See the spiny forest and baobabs
- Relax by the Mozambique Channel
- Abundant bird, reptile and amphibian life
- Get an insight into Malagasy life in the highlands
4 days from £2850pp plus international flights.
An Amazon cruise gives you insight into the habitats, wildlife and people of Ecuador's remote rainforest region.
- Explore the scenery and wildlife of the Amazon
- Enjoy life onboard a river cruiser
- Take canoe rides and walks in the jungle
- Explore by night with your guide
- Witness hundreds of parrots at a clay lick
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
11 days from £2700pp plus international flights.
Explore the pine forests and unique living root of bridges of Meghalaya followed by safaris in Kaziranga National Park, home to two thirds of the world's one-horned rhinos.
- Explore a little-visited corner of India
- Walk across living root bridges
- Homestay and local cooking lesson
- Relax by Umiam Lake
- See one-horned rhinos and wild elephants in Kaziranga
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more