Explore the Amazon
What better way to explore the wilderness and wildlife of Ecuador's Amazon rainforest than by boat.
Experiences you could have on this amazing trip
As well as the experience of exploring by boat, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £5900pp plus international flights.
Mainland Ecuador is a rich blend of scenery, wildlife, culture and history and this holiday is designed to showcase these different aspects.
- Trekking in the rural Andean highlands
- Visit local communities
- Bird watching in the cloudforest
- Characterful accommodation
- three full days in the Amazon
12 days from £3900pp plus international flights.
Experience the Brazilian Amazon from the comfort of your a motor yacht plus explore the exciting city of Rio.
- Experience the excitement and energy of Rio de Janeiro
- Guided visit of Sugar Loaf and Corcovado Mountains
- Spend a week cruising on the Amazon River
- Take walks in the jungle by day and night
- Marvel at the 'Meeting of the Waters'
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
4 days from £950pp plus international flights.
Explore the beautiful Bolivian Amazon rainforest on this four day trip.
- Experience the wonders of the Bolivian Amazon
- Madidi NP boasts a huge variety of flora and fauna
- Enjoy nature walks both day and night
- Spend time on the water exploring in a canoe
- Stay at a lovely eco-lodge
18 days from £4600pp plus international flights.
A small group trip combining safaris, adventure, culture and camping, travelling through deserts and valleys to the coast, with 4 magical nights camping in the bush.
- Watch wildlife at Etosha's waterholes
- Twyfelfontein's ancient rock art
- 4 nights camping
- Track desert-adapted black rhino
- Land and water-based adventures in Swakopmund
- Scenic landscapes
5 days from £1600pp plus international flights.
Explore Ecuador's Amanzon and meet the Sani people. This is a fantastic introduction to the diversity of the Amazon. Immerse yourself in the fascinating world of the Amazon rainforest on this 5 day trip from Quito, exploring on land and by water, and meeting the local Sani people.
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by kayak
- Meet members of the Sani community
- Marvel at parrots at the clay lick
- Look out over the forest from the observation tower
- Nocturnal walks and canoe rides
10 days from £2900pp plus international flights.
Relax at two of the very best hotels. Enjoy the great outdoors and Costa Rica's amazing nature at Arenal and Golfo Dulce.
- The luxury of time to explore two wildlife-rich areas
- See Arenal volcano and walk the hanging bridges
- Lots of adventure activities available
- Watch dolphins in Golfo Dulce
- Spoil yourself with a spa visit
- Watch toucans from your bedroom
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more