An Explorer’s Chile
Explore Chile's most famous destinations, the Atacama Desert, Easter Island and Patagonia on this journey of discovery
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible landscapes, Rapa Nui's mysterious moai and the vast glaciers and berg-strewn lakes of Patagonia, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
Stargazing in the Atacama Desert
The moai statues of Easter Island
Discover the magnificent moai statues of remote Easter Island for yourself.
The geysers of El Tatio
What a way to start your day! Sunrise and breakfast overlooking Chile's El Tatio geysers as they send plumes of steam shooting high into the air.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £3500pp plus international flights.
A comprehensive overview of Madagascar's flora, fauna and landscapes, this trip is very hard to beat.
- Spot lemurs including the mesmerising indri
- See the spiny forest and baobabs
- Relax by the Mozambique Channel
- Abundant bird, reptile and amphibian life
- Get an insight into Malagasy life in the highlands
10 days from £2550pp plus international flights.
Before the Incas rose to power, Peru had other major civilisations, and on this holiday we immerse you in the history, art and architecture of those earlier cultures.
- Cable car ride to the magnificent Kuelap Fortress
- Trek to the spectacular Gocta Falls
- Chan Chán, once the world's largest adobe city
- Treasures from the tomb of the Lord of Sipán
- Museums with incredible indigenous art
- Guided tour of historic Lima
- Stay in a rural lodge with waterfall views
13 days from £2300pp plus international flights.
Temples and pagodas, palaces and villages, lakes and mountains, Burma is a land of contrasts and on this holiday you will experience it all.
- The plain of temples at Bagan
- See traditional crafts and skills
- Boat trip on Inle Lake
- Wander around the pagodas of Mrauk U
- Visit a Chin village
11 days from £2700pp plus international flights.
Explore the pine forests and unique living root of bridges of Meghalaya followed by safaris in Kaziranga National Park, home to two thirds of the world's one-horned rhinos.
- Explore a little-visited corner of India
- Walk across living root bridges
- Homestay and local cooking lesson
- Relax by Umiam Lake
- See one-horned rhinos and wild elephants in Kaziranga
7 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
Voyage through the scenic northern Patagonian fjords. Visit the San Rafael Glacier, watch wildlife, soak in hot springs, explore Chiloe Island, see glaciers and icebergs.
- A magical and scenic cruise through fjords to the northern ice field of Patagonia
- Explore stunning rainforest-backed fjords and lagoons
- See fur seals and vast colonies of seabirds - and try to spot blue and humpback whales
- Spend a day on the San Rafael Lagoon: get close to icebergs
- Visit fishing villages and the craft market and museum in Quemchi
- Walk in the rainforest, bathe in hot springs
15 days from £2920pp plus international flights.
Experience the rich diversity of Costa Rica's ecosystems and marvel at the array of bird and animal life at wildlife hotspots.
- Relish the diverse wildlife of Costa Rica
- Learn from your naturalist guides
- Explore by boat and on foot
- Take a nocturnal rainforest walk
- Enjoy a chocolate tour!
- Relax on the beach at Manuel Antonio
15 days from £6450pp plus international flights.
Visit the contrasting landscapes of Chile; experience the Atacama desert, Chiloe Island and the jaw-dropping scenery of Patagonia and Torres del Paine.
- Explore the desolate landscape of Patagonia's magnificent Torres del Paine National Park
- Stay on Chiloe Island, with its painted houses, wooden churches and penguin colonies
- Visit El Tatio geysers and the lunar landscape in Atacama
- Cruise along the Chaques archipelago
- Fantastic hiking, horse riding and mountain biking
- Take a city tour of historic Santiago and Valparaiso
- Enjoy a vineyard tour and wine tasting
Special Occasion Holidays
Indulge yourself for a big birthday, an anniversary, or your retirement. Now’s the time to take that special trip you’ve always dreamed of.Read more