Essence of Madagascar
The perfect introduction to the fascinating island of Madagascar, filled with amazing scenery, wildlife and culture.
Experiences you could have on this amazing trip
As well as incredible wildlife, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £3500pp plus international flights.
A comprehensive overview of Madagascar's flora, fauna and landscapes, this trip is very hard to beat.
- Spot lemurs including the mesmerising indri
- See the spiny forest and baobabs
- Relax by the Mozambique Channel
- Abundant bird, reptile and amphibian life
- Get an insight into Malagasy life in the highlands
13 days from £4600pp plus international flights.
Explore three contrasting regions of Chile, with varied tours led by local guides, as you experience desert, lake and mountain scenery.
- Admire the lunar-like landscape of Atacama's Moon Valley and enjoy incredible stargazing
- Take a catamaran cruise in the beautiful Lake District and see the waterfalls and volcanoes
- See Chiloe Island's colourful stilt houses and pretty villages
- Cruise the Patagonian fjords - spot sea lions and cormorants
- Explore azure Lake Peho, Grey Glacier and the blue icebergs of Grey Lake
11 days from £7150pp plus international flights.
Immerse yourself in nature and culture while staying at two beautiful ecolodges in southern Madagascar, enjoying fine cuisine and top flight hospitality.
- Explore the unique spiny forest
- See ringtail, mouse and sportive lemurs and more!
- Sundowners in scenic settings
- Explore coastal mangroves
- Spend time in local communities
- Gorgeous camp and lodge
7 days from £1750pp plus international flights.
A wonderful tour through the dry forest, baobabs and 'tsingy' of western Madagascar with chances to see unique wildlife species.
- Visit Madagascar's western dry region
- Unique, unworldly scenery of the tsingy
- See the famous Avenue of Baobabs
- Spot Madagascar's largest carnivore, the nocturnal fossa
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more