Ecuador holiday: Andes & Iguanas
Explore Ecuador's mist-shrouded cloudforest, go hiking, biking and riding in the Andean highlands and marvel at the wildlife of the Galapagos.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as exploring the cloudforest, enjoying the great outdoors in the Andean highlands and cruising round the Galapagos Islands, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
Ecuador’s colourful markets
Why the Galapagos Islands should be on your bucket list
The Galapagos might not have made it onto your bucket list - yet - but delve this might make you change your mind.
Snorkel with sea lions, watch the dance of the blue-footed boobies, hike the Sierra Negra volcano and much, much more.
Haciendas of Ecuador
Explore Ecuador’s cloud forest
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
12 days from £4,725pp plus international flights.
Experience the Brazilian Amazon from the comfort of your a motor yacht plus explore the exciting city of Rio.
- Experience the excitement and energy of Rio de Janeiro
- Guided visit of Sugar Loaf and Corcovado Mountains
- Spend a week cruising on the Amazon River
- Take walks in the jungle by day and night
- Marvel at the 'Meeting of the Waters'
15 days from £2200pp plus international flights.
A wonderful combination of Costa Rica's wildlife, scenery, adventure and beach all in an unforgettable two-week holiday.
- Walk on hanging bridges in the rainforest
- Cruise the canals of Tortuguero
- Try ziplining, horse riding, boat trips ...
- Watch monkeys, sloths, birds and, with luck, the resplendent quetzal
- Relax on the glorious Pacific coast
- Guided hikes in Arenal and Monteverde
10 days from £2130pp plus international & regional flights.
Three contrasting destinations, each outstanding, expert guides, specially selected hotels and time for independent exploration all in ten amazing days.
- Explore vibrant Buenos Aires with your own guide
- Optional dinner and tango excursion
- See the awe-inspiring Perito Moreno Glacier
- Thrill to the sight of the Devil's Throat at Iguazu Falls
- Guided rainforest hikes
11 days from £2,160pp plus international flights.
The majesty of Machu Picchu, scenery of the Sacred Valley and beauty of Lake Titicaca make this a very special holiday.
- Explore Inca sites in the Sacred Valley
- Two visits to Machu Picchu
- Tour Cusco and Lima
- Shop in famous Pisac market
- Homestay on Amantani Island
- Visit the Uros floating reed islands
10 days from £4, 550pp plus international flights.
Explore the city of Quito before heading off to Galapagos Islands for an unforgettable wildlife cruise.
- Relax in colonial Quito, with a guided tour
- Cruise the Galapagos Islands for 7 nights
- Small friendly motor sailing yacht
- Option to upgrade to more luxurious yacht
- Swim and snorkel, often with curious seals!
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more