Druk Path Trek
Trekking, history and culture in Bhutan.
Experiences you could have on this amazing trip
Reasons to come to Bhutan include the breathtaking landscape punctuated by equally breathtaking architecture and fascinating culture. You will find yourself visiting incredible monasteries and fortresses (dzongs), trekking in Himalayan landscapes, and being entranced by the traditions and cultures of the Bhutanese people.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
10 days from £3300pp plus international flights.
Trek across mountain passes, see life in rural Peruvian villages, stay in lovely lodges and experience the thrill of that first sight of Machu Picchu.
- Trek or travel through stunning Andean scenery
- Explore Machu Picchu on a guided walk
- Guided tour of Cusco and archaeological sites
- Stay in luxury lodges and charming hotels
- The chance to visit Pisac market and a weaving village
- Option to take a cookery class or art workshop
12 days from £4300pp plus international flights.
See Peru's iconic sites - with a thrilling twist. You'll visit Machu Picchu, Lima, Lake Titicaca and Cusco and you'll cycle, trek and white-water raft through the stunning landscapes.
- Take the Royal Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Cycle in the Sacred Valley
- White-water raft on Urubamba River rapids
- Visit the Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca
- Enjoy a guided tour of Cusco & take a train ride in the Sacred Valley
- All-day luxury train trip across the Andes
- Visit the market at Pisac
- Explore the Larco Museum in Lima
14 days from £4850pp plus international flights.
Visit the remote region of Ladakh north of the Himalayas as you trek in the mountains in search of the rare and beautiful snow leopard.
- Trek in the mountains in search of snow leopards
- Guide and spotter to optimise sightings
- Homestays in remote villages
- Visit Hemis Gompa
- Walk on a frozen river
15 days from £3400pp plus international flights.
Culture, fabulous mountain scenery, plus thrilling rafting and wildlife viewing make this a superb Nepal holiday.
- Explore the markets and temples of Kathmandu
- Five days' scenic trekking in the Annapurnas
- Exciting rafting on the Trisuli River
- A chance to see Asiatic one-horned rhinos
- Stay in the small hill town of Bandipur
- Visit the 'monkey temple' of Swayambunath
4 days from £1700pp plus international flights.
Trek in the scenic lakes district in the Northern Andes of Ecuador, meeting local people and witnessing traditional skills and crafts.
- See traditional skills and crafts
- Spend time in Otavalo market
- Enjoy amazing Andean vistas
- Share lunch in a local house
- Observe condors up close
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more