Inca Heartland & the Rainforest
Spend time immersed in the Inca heartlands then onto the natural world of the Amazon basin.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes and wildlife, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
Mountain biking in the Sacred Valley
White water rafting in Peru
Experience the thrills (and hopefully not too many spills!) of white water rafting while enjoying the great scenery of Peru's Sacred Valley or rainforest.
Learn Peruvian cooking
In Cusco, join a cookery class and learn how to make traditional Peruvian fare.
Claylicks in the rainforest
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
15 days from £7,550pp plus international flights.
A wildlife adventure in two dramatically different environments. A true treat for nature lovers.
- See the sites of colonial Quito
- Stay in a lodge owned by the local tribe
- Explore the Amazon by dugout canoe
- View birds from the canopy tower
- Marvel at the wildlife of the Galapagos
- See giant tortoises in the wild
13 days from £5200pp plus international flights.
Rio, the Amazon the Pantanal - a fantastic wildlife odyssey in Brazil.
- Watch jaguars in the wild
- Explore on foot, by canoe and horseback in the Pantanal
- Follow walking trails deep in the Amazon jungle
- Gaze over the forest canopy from a 50-metre tower
- Live it up in the party city of Rio!
11 days from £7400pp plus international flights.
Spoil yourself as you travel through Rajasthan aboard the luxurious Maharajas' Express, with stops at major sites en-route.
- Revel in the opulent style of the Maharajas' Express
- Fine dining and butler service
- Choice of guided excursions
- See the Taj Mahal and Lake Pichola
- Sand dune sundowners in the Thar Desert
- Air conditioned cabins and suites
- Mumbai and Delhi city tours
8 days from £1,625pp plus international flights.
The classic highlights of Peru: Cusco, Machu Picchu & the Sacred Valley.
- Discover the colonial city of Cusco and its Incan ruins
- Take a scenic train ride to Machu Picchu to explore this world-famous site.
- See village life in the Sacred Valley
- Option: hike the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more