Costa Rica Coast to Coast
Discover Costa Rica's beauty and riches as you cross this country from the Caribbean coast to the Pacific.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible wildlife, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
Beaches of Costa Rica
Zip lining in Costa Rica
Get your adrenalin pumping as you whizz between the platforms through the tree canopy and see the rainforest from a unique perspective.
White water rafting in Costa Rica
There are a number of places where you can get your adrenalin pumping as you navigate the rapids.
Discover vibrant local markets
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £3970pp plus international flights.
Experience the rich diversity of Costa Rica's ecosystems and marvel at the array of bird and animal life at wildlife hotspots.
- Meet the diverse wildlife of Costa Rica
- Learn from your naturalist guides
- Explore by boat and on foot
- Take a nocturnal rainforest walk
- Enjoy a chocolate tour!
- Relax on the beach at Manuel Antonio
10 days from £3555pp plus international flights.
Relax at two of the very best hotels. Enjoy the great outdoors and Costa Rica's amazing nature at Arenal and Golfo Dulce.
- The luxury of time to explore two wildlife-rich areas
- See Arenal volcano and walk the hanging bridges
- Lots of adventure activities available
- Watch dolphins in Golfo Dulce
- Spoil yourself with a spa visit
- Watch toucans from your bedroom
13 days from £4600pp plus international flights.
Explore three contrasting regions of Chile, with varied tours led by local guides, as you experience desert, lake and mountain scenery.
- Admire the lunar-like landscape of Atacama's Moon Valley and enjoy incredible stargazing
- Take a catamaran cruise in the beautiful Lake District and see the waterfalls and volcanoes
- See Chiloe Island's colourful stilt houses and pretty villages
- Cruise the Patagonian fjords - spot sea lions and cormorants
- Explore azure Lake Peho, Grey Glacier and the blue icebergs of Grey Lake
11 days from £2,440pp plus international flights.
If you're looking for a mix of history, wildlife and scenery with the added freedom of your own car, this holiday is an ideal choice.
- Moving visits to iconic Battlefields sites
- See the Big Five at Tembe Elephant Park
- Explore the 18kms of the Kosi Lake system
- Enjoy panoramic sea views at Thonga Beach
- Sip sundowners at Lake Sibaya
15 days from £2200pp plus international flights.
A wonderful combination of Costa Rica's wildlife, scenery, adventure and beach all in an unforgettable two-week holiday.
- Walk on hanging bridges in the rainforest
- Cruise the canals of Tortuguero
- Try ziplining, horse riding, boat trips ...
- Watch monkeys, sloths, birds and, with luck, the resplendent quetzal
- Relax on the glorious Pacific coast
- Guided hikes in Arenal and Monteverde
8 days from £1455pp plus international flights.
Enjoy the freedom of the open road as you explore the varied scenery, exotic flora and rich wildlife of this amazingly diverse yet compact country.
- Enjoy the freedom of the road in your own vehicle
- Thrills on Arenal's Sky Tram and Sky Trek
- Soak up nature in Monteverde Cloudforest
- Relax on Playa Tamarindo
- Soak in thermal springs
- See hummingbirds and quetzals
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more