The perfect introduction to this fascinating friendly country; sunsets, temples and so much more.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as touring historic cities, visiting a hill station and a floating markets, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
Bagan Thande Hotel
Kandawgyi Hill Resort
Amata Garden Resort
Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort
Aureum Palace Pyin Oo Lwin
Mandalay Hill Resort
Inle Princess Resort
Kyi Tin Hotel
Inle Resort and Spa
Jasmine Palace Hotel
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
12 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
See the main sites and set off on foot into Myanmar's (Burma) Shan Hills on this varied and active holiday.
- Two days trekking in the Shan Hills
- See the temples of Bagan
- Meet different ethnic peoples
- Watch the sunset at U Bein bridge
- Boat trip on Inle Lake
4 days from £250pp plus international flights.
Azure ocean, miles of white sand, sundowners on the beach and delicious seafood - what better to end your holiday in Burma?
- Stroll along the white sand beach of Ngapali
- Enjoy a boat trip in the Bay of Bengal
- Rub shoulders with the locals at Thwandwe market
- Top up your tan by the swimming pool
- Spoil yourself with a massage at the spa
8 days from £1950pp plus international flights.
An exciting introduction to the culture, landscape and people of Bhutan on this nine day trip. A holiday to remember.
- Mix of sightseeing and activity
- Walk to the famous Tigers Nest monastery
- Glimpse rugged Himalayan peaks
- Go rafting on the Pho Chhu river
- Learn about Bhutanese culture from your guide
- Enjoy a thrilling downhill mountain bike ride
11 days from £2300pp plus international flights.
The majesty of Machu Picchu, scenery of the Sacred Valley and beauty of Lake Titicaca make this a very special holiday.
- Guided tours of Inca sites in the Sacred Valley
- Two visits to Machu Picchu
- Tour Cusco and Lima
- Shop in the famous market at Pisac
- Family homestay on Amantani Island
- Visit the Uros floating reed islands
10 days from £1400pp plus international flights.
A great introduction to southern India, this holiday will give you a glimpse into daily life and awaken all your senses.
- Enjoy the laid-back South Indian lifestyle
- Take an evening cruise round Kochi harbour
- Relax on an overnight cruise in the backwaters
- Visit spice plantations in Periyar
- Unwind at your 36-acre beach resort
- Savour tasty Keralan cuisine
13 days from £2300pp plus international flights.
Temples and pagodas, palaces and villages, lakes and mountains, Burma is a land of contrasts and on this holiday you will experience it all.
- The plain of temples at Bagan
- See traditional crafts and skills
- Boat trip on Inle Lake
- Wander around the pagodas of Mrauk U
- Visit a Chin village
13 days from £2700pp plus international flights.
A rich mix of the north's highlights - from the Taj to the ghats and from tigers to palaces.
- Admire the serene beauty of the Taj Mahal
- Explore the Pink City of Jaipur
- Look for tigers, sloth bear and antelope in Ranthambore
- Experience a slice or rural Rajasthani life
- Walk round atmospheric Fatehpur Sikri
- Immerse yourself in the sacred city of Varanasi
7 days from £1000pp plus international flights.
Delhi, Agra's Taj Mahal, and Jaipur in one fascinating week in north India
- Marvelling at the serene beauty of the Taj Mahal
- The hustle and bustle of Jaipur's Pink City
- Enjoying the magnificent decorations of Amber Palace
- Exploring the colonial elegance of New Delhi
- Strolling round the abandoned city of Fatehpur Sikri
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more