A Gentle Encounter with Glaciers and Desert
From giant glaciers to lunar desert and on to some of Chile's cosmopolitan cities.
Unique things to do on this holiday
From the Atacama Desert in the north to the windswept icy landscapes of Patagonia in the south, Chile offers some incredible adventures, stunning sights and memorable things to do.
Stargazing in the Atacama Desert
Discover vibrant local markets
A slice of local life, get stuck right in whether you just want to soak up the atmosphere or get involved and try your hand at haggling.
The geysers of El Tatio
What a way to start your day! Sunrise and breakfast overlooking Chile's El Tatio geysers as they send plumes of steam shooting high into the air.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
7 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
Voyage through the scenic northern Patagonian fjords. Visit the San Rafael Glacier, watch wildlife, soak in hot springs, explore Chiloe Island, see glaciers and icebergs.
- A magical and scenic cruise through fjords to the northern ice field of Patagonia
- Explore stunning rainforest-backed fjords and lagoons
- See fur seals and vast colonies of seabirds - and try to spot blue and humpback whales
- Spend a day on the San Rafael Lagoon: get close to icebergs
- Visit fishing villages and the craft market and museum in Quemchi
- Walk in the rainforest, bathe in hot springs
13 days from £4700pp plus international flights.
This unforgettable adventure combines archaeological and historical wonders with natural spectacle and Peruvian culture.
- Immerse yourself in Inca and colonial culture and history
- Take an Andean train journey to Machu Picchu
- Guided tours of Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Explore the Amazon on foot and by boat
- Stunning wildlife and bird life
- Sport giant otters and watch as scarlet macaws flock to the clay lick
13 days from £4600pp plus international flights.
Explore three contrasting regions of Chile, with varied tours led by local guides, as you experience desert, lake and mountain scenery.
- Admire the lunar-like landscape of Atacama's Moon Valley and enjoy incredible stargazing
- Take a catamaran cruise in the beautiful Lake District and see the waterfalls and volcanoes
- See Chiloe Island's colourful stilt houses and pretty villages
- Cruise the Patagonian fjords - spot sea lions and cormorants
- Explore azure Lake Peho, Grey Glacier and the blue icebergs of Grey Lake
11 days from £3200pp plus international flights.
Visit the vibrant city of Salvador, the breath-taking scenery and waterfalls of Chapada Diamantina National Park and the peace and tranquility of the small island paradise that is Boipeba Island.
- Guided tour of vibrant Salvador
- Explore the caves and waterfalls Chapada Diamantina
- Spectacular viewpoints over Lencois
- Beach getaway on secluded Boipeba
- Culture, nature and beaches
5 days from £1200pp plus international flights.
Visit one of the most beautiful places on earth, one of Brazil's natural marvels. This is a place like no other.
- Stunning natural scenery
- Boat tour along the lazy river
- Fresh and tasty seafood
- Visit the only desert littered with lakes
- Enjoy a simple and tasty lunch in Cabure
Take a walking safari in Zambia, trek the Inca Trail, raft in Costa Rica, horse ride in Chile, climb Kilimanjaro . . . It’s time to get out there!Read more