Bush and Beach in Malawi
A classic safari holiday exploring a Big Five reserve in Malawi, followed by a relaxing few days at the lake.
© GarethBentley2016, RPS
Experiences you could have on this holiday
In Malawi you not only have the joy of seeing excellent African wildlife, but there is, of course, a vast lake to enjoy!
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
16 days from £4200pp plus international flights.
Explore South Africa's Battlefields, scenic landscapes, watch wildlife and finish by relaxing on the beach, the perfect holiday whether you want to self-drive or be driven.
- Enjoy panoramic scenic views in the Drakensberg.
- Explore KwaZulu Natal's famous battlefields.
- Track black rhino in the Pongola Game Reserve.
- Explore the beautiful wetlands of Kosi Bay.
- Game drives in Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Park.
- Relax by the beach in Umhlanga.
10 days from £2800pp plus international flights.
Tanzania safari in Selous, and beach stay on Zanzibar. A great holiday for a great price.
- A hard-to-beat safari and beach holiday
- Great value, with excellent guiding and good accommodation
- Exciting safaris in Nyerere National Park (Selous)
- Boat safari on Lake Tagalala
- Chill out in a Zanzibar beach resort
- Explore Zanzibar's Stone Town
11 days from £1500pp plus international flights.
The good value safari and beach combination, with ample time spent in both locations.
- Excellent value safari and beach holiday
- Wildlife viewing at Tsavo East
- A week on Galu beach
- Be pampered at Amani Spa
12 days from £2550pp plus international flights.
See lemurs, chameleons and orchids, enjoy forest hikes, speedboat rides and relaxed beach time - all in just 12 precious days in Madagascar.
- Explore the lush eastern side of Madagascar
- Look for indris (the singing lemurs) and sifakas (the dancing lemurs) at Andasibe-Mantadia
- Search for the weird aye-aye near Palmarium Reserve
- Journey up the Pangalanes Channel
- Relax on the island of Sainte Marie
- Spot humpback whales from June to September
- Visit the pirates' cemetery!
8 days from £2500pp plus international flights.
A superb safari in the Masai Mara and Amboseli staying in adventure camps.
- See Amboseli's elephant herds and the backdrop of Kilimanjaro
- Wildlife watching in the Masai Mara
- Good vehicles, high-quality camping and expert guides
- Guided walks with Maasai
- A great value, unmissable safari
11 days from £3300pp plus international flights.
Enjoy the vast plains and wildlife of the Masai Mara. This is big cat country. End your holiday relaxing on a beach on Zanzibar.
- Game drives in Kenya's Masai Mara
- A must for cat lovers
- Stay at Governor's Camp of Big Cat Diary fame
- See the wildebeest migration (July to Oct)
- Relax on the tropical Zanzibar island
- Go snorkelling, diving and kayaking
13 days from £2100pp plus international flights.
Experience Mauritius & Rodrigues staying in small lodges and hotels with the freedom of a hire car.
- Small lodge and hotels in stunning locations
- Opportunities for independent exploration of both islands
- Variety of locations - forest, beach and mountain
- Delicious home-cooked food
- Nature walks, swimming under waterfalls, meeting local people
12 days from £6350pp plus international flights.
Explore north Tanzania inc. northern Serengeti (perfect for migration around July-Oct), then lovely Mafia Island.
- Perfect safari to see the migration in Serengeti from July-October.
- Stay in small luxury camps and lodges.
- Tarangire wildlife viewing is at its best from July-October.
- Excellent birdlife at Lake Manyara.
- Relax on the unspoilt island of Mafia.
10 days from £2450pp plus international flights.
Four days of superb wildlife viewing in Selous in southern Tanzania is followed by 5 nights at an Indian Ocean beach lodge. A wonderful trip at a great price.
- Wonderful combination of safari and beach
- Excellent game viewing in Selous Game Reserve
- Game drives, boat safaris and bush walks
- Relax on a gorgeous beach on this lovely Indian Ocean island
12 days from £3100pp plus international flights.
This Malawi holiday is a perfect safari beach combination along with a scenic stay in Thyolo, an insight into Malawi's diverse landscapes.
- Game drives in Liwonde National Park
- Boat trip on the Shire River
- Bush walks and great wildlife
- Lovely island camp on Lake Malawi
- Superb diving, snorkelling and kayaking
- Nature walks and bird watching
African Safari Holidays
Follow the migration, hear lions roar, meet meerkats, sit with chimps . . . a safari is a thrill whether you stay in a luxury lodge or camp in the bush.Read more