Burma and the Shan Hills
Combine a short trek and village visits in the Shan Hills with Myanmar's top sites on this active and varied holiday
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible sightseeing, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
11 days from £1400pp plus international flights.
Gilded temples, red-robed monks, and sacred pagodas, this holiday has it all. A perfect introduction to this fascinating country.
- Gleaming golden pagodas
- Amazing sunsets over the Irrawaddy River
- Visit the temples of Bagan
- Guided tour of the former royal city of Mandalay
- Experience life in a hill station
- See the leg-rowers of Inle Lake
8 days from £1950pp plus international flights.
An exciting introduction to the culture, landscape and people of Bhutan on this nine day trip. A holiday to remember.
- Mix of sightseeing and activity
- Walk to the famous Tigers Nest monastery
- Glimpse rugged Himalayan peaks
- Go rafting on the Pho Chhu river
- Learn about Bhutanese culture from your guide
- Enjoy a thrilling downhill mountain bike ride
14 days from £1800pp plus international flights.
A special and diverse South India adventure. Wildlife, beaches, backwater boat trips, music, art, crafts and people
- An overnight houseboat cruise on Kerala's backwaters
- Meet local artists, craftsmen and musicians
- Stay in a 400-year-old organic farm and homestays
- Visit a wildlife sanctuary in Wayanad
- Enjoy relaxing days on a Malabar beach
6 days from £2465pp plus international flights.
Easter Island evokes a sense of wonder, its remote location, enigmatic statues, volcanic craters and Polynesian-inspired culture are all yours to explore.
- Spend five nights on one of the world's most remote islands
- See the enigmatic moai statues from the Rapa Nui culture
- Visit archaeological sites, caves and volcanic craters
- Swim or snorkel in the warm ocean
9 days from £6200pp plus international flights.
Immerse yourself in Zambia's beautiful and beguiling South Luangwa Valley with daily walking and 4x4 safaris.
- Zambia's premier wildlife destination
- Combination of walking and 4x4 safaris
- Stay at four lovely bush camps
- See leopard, lion and wild dog
- Al fresco dinners and drinks round the campfire
- Opportunity to sleep out under the stars
4 days from £250pp plus international flights.
Azure ocean, miles of white sand, sundowners on the beach and delicious seafood - what better to end your holiday in Burma?
- Stroll along the white sand beach of Ngapali
- Enjoy a boat trip in the Bay of Bengal
- Rub shoulders with the locals at Thwandwe market
- Top up your tan by the swimming pool
- Spoil yourself with a massage at the spa
Getting under the skin of a destination – its history, language, food, beliefs and traditions – is one of the real joys of travel and widens our horizons.Read more