Baobabs, Beaches and Lemurs
Baobabs, Beaches and Lemurs
Experiences you could have on this holiday
Madagascar is the only places to see lemurs, but in addition it’s excellent for unusual flora (baobabs and other spiny forest species), strange spiky limestone formations called tsingy, fabulous beaches and fascinating culture.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
15 days from £7700pp plus international flights.
From north to south, desert to glacier, with the bonus of Easter Island, you experience the rich variety that is Chile.
- Explore three of Chile's most iconic locations in luxury
- Stay in stylish Explora hotels with spas and swimming pools
- See Atacama's lunar-like landscapes and wonderful night skies
- Visit the towering moia of Easter Island
- Hike, bike or horse ride through the glorious Patagonian landscape
- Fly between locations to optimise exploration time
10 days from £2250pp plus international flights.
Discover the varied scenery, amazing wildlife and different cultures of Madagascar in this 10-day tour.
- Explore central highlands with rice paddies and Malagasy culture
- Visit Ranomafana National Park - birds, reptiles, amphibians and lemurs
- Isalo's sandstone landscape plus ring-tailed lemurs and dancing sifakas
- See baobabs near Zombitse National Park
- Relax on west coast beaches
15 days from £5900pp plus international flights.
Mainland Ecuador is a rich blend of scenery, wildlife, culture and history and this holiday is designed to showcase these different aspects.
- Trekking in the rural Andean highlands
- Visit local communities
- Bird watching in the cloudforest
- Characterful accommodation
- three full days in the Amazon
12 days from £6700pp plus international flights.
From Murchison Falls, to wildlife in Queen Elizabeth NP, chimps in Kibale and gorillas in Bwindi.
- Uganda's main highlights in 12 days
- Magical trek to see the gorillas
- Two chances to trek to see chimpanzees
- Game drives at Queen Elizabeth NP
- Good quality lodges and camps
11 days from £5200pp plus international flights.
Experience the wildlife of Nkhotakota, the stunning mountains of the Nyika Plateau before heading for the beauty and relaxation of Lake Malawi.
- Rugged wilderness and wildlife of Nkhotakota
- Stunning scenery of Nyika National Park
- Scenic flights over contrasting areas
- Exploring wildlife of foot and in safari vehicles
- Relaxing by the lake
- Swimming and snorkelling in crystal clear waters
- Explore Likoma on foot or on a mountain bike
11 days from £3300pp plus international flights.
Enjoy the vast plains and wildlife of the Masai Mara. This is big cat country. End your holiday relaxing on a beach on Zanzibar.
- Game drives in Kenya's Masai Mara
- A must for cat lovers
- Stay at Governor's Camp of Big Cat Diary fame
- See the wildebeest migration (July to Oct)
- Relax on the tropical Zanzibar island
- Go snorkelling, diving and kayaking
11 days from £7100pp plus international flights.
A traditional game viewing safari in Botswana with the thrill of Vic Falls, nature walks and, of course, entrancing encounters with meerkats.
- Take in the impressive Victoria Falls
- Game viewing in the Selinda Reserve
- Wonderful wildlife and wilderness of the Okavango Delta
- Enjoy the unique scenery of the Makgadikgadi salt pans
- Two chances to meet with meerkats
- Take a walk with San Bushmen
10 days from £2450pp plus international flights.
Four days of superb wildlife viewing in Selous in southern Tanzania is followed by 5 nights at an Indian Ocean beach lodge. A wonderful trip at a great price.
- Wonderful combination of safari and beach
- Excellent game viewing in Selous Game Reserve
- Game drives, boat safaris and bush walks
- Relax on a gorgeous beach on this lovely Indian Ocean island
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more