Authentic Rwanda and Gorillas
A wonderful holiday with a gorilla encounter as the highlight of a memorable trip to Rwanda.
Experiences you could have on this amazing trip
Rwanda is best known for the opportunities of seeing mountain gorillas and chimpanzees in the wild. Nature and wildlife encounters are the key reason most travellers come, but often the cultural aspects of Rwanda make just as big an impact on visitors.
There's not much than can top a close encounter with a powerful yet gentle silverback gorilla and his family.
Meet Rwanda’s golden monkeys
Spend an hour with these enchanting primates in Volcanoes National Park in Rwanda, one of the few places you can see them in the wild.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
6 days from £3250pp plus international flights.
A great group lodge-based fly-in safari with gorilla trekking at Bwindi. The perfect introduction to Uganda.
- Excellent gorilla trekking at Bwindi
- Option of a second gorilla trek
- Wildlife watching at Lake Mburo
- Ishasha community visit
- Spot tree-climbing lions in Queen Elizabeth National Park
11 days from £9400pp plus international flights.
Get right off the beaten track with this safari to some of Tanzania's most remote, but spectacular locations
- See regions of Tanzania that few people visit
- Spend time with chimpanzees in the Mahale Mountains National Park
- Experience the stunning wildlife and gorgeous scenery of Ruaha
- Enjoy game drives with experienced professional guides
- Watch elephants and buffalo from your camp in Katavi
- Stay in small camps with friendly, welcoming staff
8 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
Visit two of India's parks for the best chance you will have to see tigers in their natural environment!
- Visit Kanha and Bandhavgarh National Parks
- High chances of spotting tigers in the wild
- Look out for deer, leopard, sloth bear and hyena
- Watch for vultures in Bandhavgarh
- Lovely scenic forest and open grassland
- Wide choice of accommodation available at both parks
8 days from £6400pp plus international flights.
An excellent week's safari in Zambia's South Luangwa with owner-run Shenton Safaris camps.
- Shenton Safaris are a respected owner-run safari operation
- South Luangwa is one of the best parks in Africa
- Stay at high-quality Kaingo Camp and Mwamba bushcamp
- Known for excellent photographic hides
- Game drives and walks
- Excellent guides, hosting and cuisine
10 days from £4950pp plus international flights.
Highlights of Ugandan wildlife including gorilla and chimp trekking.
- Exciting lodge-based small group trip
- High chance of seeing mountain gorillas
- Chimpanzee trek in Kibale
- Boat trip on the Kazinga Channel
- Game viewing in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- See tree-climbing lions in Ishasha
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more