Atacama, Lakes and Patagonia
Experience Atacama's Martian landscapes, Patagonia's vast glaciers and the bucolic beauty of the Lake District on this Chilean odyssey
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as enjoying your adventure from Chile top to toe just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
12 days from £4300pp plus international flights.
See Peru's iconic sites - with a thrilling twist. You'll visit Machu Picchu, Lima, Lake Titicaca and Cusco and you'll cycle, trek and white-water raft through the stunning landscapes.
- Take the Royal Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Cycle in the Sacred Valley
- White-water raft on Urubamba River rapids
- Visit the Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca
- Enjoy a guided tour of Cusco & take a train ride in the Sacred Valley
- All-day luxury train trip across the Andes
- Visit the market at Pisac
- Explore the Larco Museum in Lima
13 days from £5400pp plus international flights.
Experience Chile's stunning scenery, from giant glaciers to lunar desert, and explore the cosmopolitan cities of Santiago and Valparaiso
- Top-quality hotels with spas and fine dining restaurants
- Experience the astonishing beauty of Patagonia
- Discover the lunar landscape and incredible night sky of the Atacama Desert
- Visit Torres del Paine National Park
- Hike, cycle, horse-ride or kayak
- Explore the museums, markets and culture of historic Santiago and Valparaiso
15 days from £3000pp plus international flights.
This varied itinerary shows the highlights of Bolivia, a perfect introduction to this beautiful country.
- Explore the Inca history of Lake Titicaca
- La Paz for culture, history and shopping
- Visit colonial Sucre and the mines of Potosi
- Gaze upon the mesmerising salt flats of Uyuni
- Explore the colourful lagoons with their flocks of flamingos
10 days from £2250pp plus international flights.
Discover the varied scenery, amazing wildlife and different cultures of Madagascar in this 10-day tour.
- Explore central highlands with rice paddies and Malagasy culture
- Visit Ranomafana National Park - birds, reptiles, amphibians and lemurs
- Isalo's sandstone landscape plus ring-tailed lemurs and dancing sifakas
- See baobabs near Zombitse National Park
- Relax on west coast beaches
11 days from £3200pp plus international flights.
Visit the vibrant city of Salvador, the breath-taking scenery and waterfalls of Chapada Diamantina National Park and the peace and tranquility of the small island paradise that is Boipeba Island.
- Guided tour of vibrant Salvador
- Explore the caves and waterfalls Chapada Diamantina
- Spectacular viewpoints over Lencois
- Beach getaway on secluded Boipeba
- Culture, nature and beaches
12 days from £2090pp plus international flights.
Traversing this small country you'll be amazed by the richness and variety of the scenery and wildlife.
- Watch for white-faced and howler monkeys in Cahuita
- Laze on a sandy Caribbean beach
- Take a boat ride in the waterways of Tortuguero
- Walk across hanging bridges at Arenal Volcano
- Enjoy views over Culebra Bay and the Gulf of Papagayo
11 days from £2650pp plus international flights.
Follow in the footsteps of the Inca as you hike to Peru's Machu Picchu along the Inca Trail, and explore Cusco and the archaeological sites of the Sacred Valley.
- Fantastic combination of natural and historical wonders
- Hike the Inca Trail for the ultimate reward - Machu Picchu
- Visit world-famous Sacred Valley archaeological sites
- Stay in a boutique hotel in Cusco and an historic inn in Ollantaytambo
- Explore historic Cusco and the famous market at Pisac
5 days from £2000pp plus international flights.
A guided hike though varied and scenic terrain in the Andes staying in delightful mountain lodges and haciendas.
- Hike through stunning volcanic Andean scenery.
- Stay in comfy lodges and haciendas each night.
- Reach the peak of Pasachoa (4,200m).
- Get to the lowest peak of Ruminahui (4,600m).
- Spot Andean condors, wild horses and other wildlife.
- Enjoy gorgeous landscapes including glaciers and Limpiopungo Lake.
- Choose from a 4 or 5 day itinerary without summiting Cotopaxi.
- Take 8 days to include summiting Cotopaxi.
14 days from £11100pp plus international flights.
Tango in Buenos Aires, the stark wilderness of Patagonia, bucolic scenes in the Lake District and gauchos of The Pampas plus the very best hotels.
- See a tango show in Buenos Aires
- Explore Tierra del Fuego at the End of the World
- Cruise past icebergs and walk across a glacier
- Stay in the finest hotels
- Learn about gaucho culture on an estancia
- Travel the seven lakes route in the Lake District
- Expert local guides throughout
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more