Andes to Amazon
A holiday of exploration and adventure. Discover the landscapes, culture and archaeological wonders of Peru.
Experiences you could have on this holiday
As well as incredible wildlife viewing, meeting great people and seeing fabulous landscapes, these are just some of the experiences you could enjoy on this safari holiday.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
13 days from £4930pp plus international flights.
Experience Chile's stunning scenery, from giant glaciers to lunar desert, and explore the cosmopolitan cities of Santiago and Valparaiso
- Top-quality hotels with spas and fine dining restaurants
- Experience the astonishing beauty of Patagonia
- Discover the lunar landscape and incredible night sky of the Atacama Desert
- Visit Torres del Paine National Park
- Hike, cycle, horse-ride or kayak
- Explore the museums, markets and culture of historic Santiago and Valparaiso
19 days from £5,455pp plus international flights.
This stunning, 19-day Southern Peru tour takes you to key sites including Machu Picchu and the Sacred valley, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon and the Nazca Lines.
- Guided tours of major sites including Machu Picchu
- See the Nazca Lines for the air
- visit the floating reed islands of Lake Titicaca
- Wonderful marine and bird life
- Explore historic Lima, Arequipa and Cusco
- Watch for condors in Colca Canyon
- Cross the Andes on a luxury train
15 days from £please ask us for pricespp plus international flights.
This varied itinerary shows the highlights of Bolivia, a perfect introduction to this beautiful country.
- Explore the Inca history of Lake Titicaca
- La Paz for culture, history and shopping
- Visit colonial Sucre and the mines of Potosi
- Gaze upon the mesmerising salt flats of Uyuni
- Explore the colourful lagoons with their flocks of flamingos
12 days from £8,100pp plus international flights.
Ecuador's Galapagos Islands, cloudforest and Andean scenery. Twelve exciting days you'll never forget!
- Visit Otavalo on market day
- Explore flora and fauna of the cloudforest
- Get close to wildlife in the Galapagos Islands
- Go kayaking and snorkelling
4 days from £2,465pp plus international flights.
An Amazon cruise gives you insight into the habitats, wildlife and people of Ecuador's remote rainforest region.
- Explore the scenery and wildlife of the Amazon
- Enjoy life onboard river cruiser
- Take canoe rides and walks in the jungle
- Explore by night with your guide
- Witness hundreds of parrots at a clay lick
7 days from £5,825pp plus international flights.
An alternative way to experience the Galapagos - staying in a lodge, hotel and tented camp on the islands.
- Revel in the beauty of the islands
- Meet unique and incredible wildlife
- Enjoy snorkelling, swimming and kayaking
- Hike to the crater of Sierra Negra volcano
- Walking tour of highlands and pirate caves
- See famous giant Galapagos tortoises
- Stay in beach lodge, hotel, & tented camp
12 days from £2,830pp plus international flights.
An exhilarating 12 days that immerse you in two fascinating aspects of Peru - the history and culture of the Andean heartland of the Incas and the wildlife and nature of the Amazon basin.
- Guided tours of Machu Picchu & Sacred Valley sites
- Three-day Amazon rainforest adventure
- Take a train ride through the Andes
- Time to explore at your own pace
- Tour Cusco & Lima, visit Pisac market
- Watch flocks of macaws on the clay lick
- Take an Amazon or Oxbow lake boat trip
- Wide choice of rainforest activities
15 days from £5,980pp plus international flights.
Mainland Ecuador is a rich blend of scenery, wildlife, culture and history which this holiday showcases wonderfully.
- Trekking in the rural Andean highlands
- Visit local communities
- Bird watching in the cloudforest
- Characterful accommodation
- Three full days in the Amazon
9 days from £2,645pp plus international flights.
An excellent combination of game viewing on foot, and leisurely days on the beach in South Africa.
- Safaris from your luxury camp in a private area of Kruger National Park
- Exciting guided walking safaris in Kruger
- 4 nights in a gorgeous beach lodge on the KwaZulu Natal coast
- Luxury thatched bush suite in the dunes, overlooking the Indian Ocean
- Empty, stunning wild beach for miles
- Seasonal turtle tracking
Wildlife & Nature Holidays
Experience the joy of watching wildlife in its natural habitat. From gorilla safaris in Uganda to birdwatching in the Amazon or tiger spotting in India.Read more