Active Costa Rica
The perfect for holiday for those with an adventurous spirit. Travel coast to coast in Costa Rica.
© Psalm Photography,RiosTropicales
Experiences you could have on this holiday
Costa Rica will make you smile whether you’re a nature-lover looking for wildlife and beautiful landscapes, a beach-lover wanting to escape, or an adrenalin-junkie who loves rafting, riding or zip-lining.
White water rafting in Costa Rica
Zip lining in Costa Rica
Get your adrenalin pumping as you whizz between the platforms through the tree canopy and see the rainforest from a unique perspective.
Beaches of Costa Rica
Costa Rica is blessed with an abundance of beaches on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Some for swimming, some for surfing and some for just soaking up the sun.
The Tribes Foundation
Simply by booking with Tribes, you are making a difference. Every booking helps with The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funds. Most clients give additional donations which we always put to very good use with one of the wildlife, environmental or social projects we support.
You might also like some of the following suggestions, but remember that we can also tailor-make an itinerary specially for you. Just call to chat to us about what you would like.
12 days from £4300pp plus international flights.
See Peru's iconic sites - with a thrilling twist. You'll visit Machu Picchu, Lima, Lake Titicaca and Cusco and you'll cycle, trek and white-water raft through the stunning landscapes.
- Take the Royal Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
- Cycle in the Sacred Valley
- White-water raft on Urubamba River rapids
- Visit the Uros Islands on Lake Titicaca
- Enjoy a guided tour of Cusco & take a train ride in the Sacred Valley
- All-day luxury train trip across the Andes
- Visit the market at Pisac
- Explore the Larco Museum in Lima
15 days from £3650pp plus international flights.
Sightseeing, trekking and swimming, exploring villages and island life; this two-week holiday in Brazil has it all.
- Guided tour of Rio
- 3-day Costa Verde trek
- Explore Paraty, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Travel on the Serra Verde Express
- Unwind on Ilha do Mel
11 days from £3100pp plus international flights.
A family adventure in Nepal jam-packed with variety - sightseeing, trekking, whitewater rafting and wildlife viewing.
- Guided tours in the Kathmandu Valley
- Full day tour of the lakeside city of Pokhara
- Exciting whitewater rafting through rapids
- Jungle activities and wildlife viewing in Chitwan
- Learn about Nepal's rich culture
11 days from £3400pp plus international flights.
An action-packed journey by land and water, taking in huge sand dunes, blue lagoons, a river delta, party town, idyllic island and the city of Salvador with its vibrant Afro-Brazilian culture
- Island life on Fernando de Noronha
- 4x4 and buggy dune trips
- History and culture in Salvador
- The amazing lagoons of Lencois Maranhenses
- Explore mangroves, island and bays
7 days from £2400pp plus international flights.
Action packed fun at Sun City and safari life at Madikwe, a perfect family holiday in South Africa
- Spend a fun day at the water park
- Enjoy the variety at Sun City
- Morning and evening game drives
- Delicious hearty breakfasts
- Holiday in malaria free areas
Take a walking safari in Zambia, trek the Inca Trail, raft in Costa Rica, horse ride in Chile, climb Kilimanjaro . . . It’s time to get out there!Read more