Why book with us?
Our clients trust us to look after their well-being, give 100% financial protection, offer great value, and, of course, use our expertise to create exceptional holidays.
Trust us with your holiday
On 99% of feedbacks, our clients class their holidays with us as either ‘excellent’ or ‘good’ ‑ mostly ‘excellent’, we’re proud to say! We look after our travellers.
Tribes has been selling holidays since 1998. Even some of our very first clients are still in touch with us and travel with us or recommend us. Why? Because they trust us. They know we really do care about getting things right for them, and for many it’s also because they support our stance on sustainable travel.
Below are some of the things which matter to us and will be important to you if you’re considering booking a holiday with us.
Excellent company reputation
- We are a multi-award-winning, owner-run independent company founded in 1998.
- Tribes is a proud member of AITO (The Specialist Travel Association) whose quality charter we adhere to.
- We have a very high client satisfaction rating.
Your protection & wellbeing
- Your holiday with Tribes is fully bonded for your financial protection.
- Flight-inclusive holidays are protected under our ATOL licence (5802).
- Non-flight holidays are protected under our ABTOT bond (5227).
- We offer 24-hour backup services in case of problems or emergencies on your travels.
- We have a SAFETY MATTERS policy within which we work with suppliers to maintain and improve safety standards by seeking good practice in health and safety.
People who really want to help you
- We are independent, and our consultants do not work on commission. Since we have ‘no strings’ you get honest, impartial advice.
- Our team provides a personal and friendly service, sharing their considerable knowledge and expertise (constantly updated).
- We are good listeners. It’s about what you want, not what we want to sell to you.
Value for money
- We know you want value for money and we believe we offer this.
- Once you’ve booked with us, even if exchange rates change we never apply currency surcharges.
- We rely on repeat clients and recommendations, and good value is important for happy clients.
- We stick as close as we can to your budget. If we can’t get close, we will tell you why.
The right destination
- Our team has a huge collective knowledge to help you choose your perfect destination.
- We’re good at comparing and contrasting different destinations, which can be very useful to your final decision.
- We promise honest and impartial advice to get you to the right place at the right time based on your hopes and budget.
An imaginative itinerary just for you
- Your holiday is planned to be as close to your wishes as possible, guided by our expertise.
- We can advise you about unique and unusual things to do and fabulous places to go.
- We offer free itineraries and quotes for you to consider. We will work with you and tweak any quote until it is perfect for you.
Making a positive difference
We strongly believe in responsible and sustainable travel. We understand that flying is a divisive issue, but we also know that good tourism can bring huge benefits to the people, places and wildlife of a destination.
- Tribes was one of the early pioneers of responsible travel and we have won many global awards for our sustainable practices and holidays.
- Our charity, The Tribes Foundation, funds diverse projects from leopard conservation to water projects, school development, wildlife rehabilitation clinics and more.
- To help increase biodiversity, we plant trees via The Travel Forest for every trip booked with us. This is a cost to Tribes, not you.
- We offer advice and suggestions on how travellers can help make a difference.