trust us with your holiday
We understand that you have a lot of choice when it comes to travel companies you could travel with. So why would you choose to book with us? In essence because we believe we can organise you a seriously special holiday which does what you want it to do for you.
Tribes is all about making very special experiences happen for all the travellers who come to us. The fact that a high proportion come back to us hopefully says a lot. To us, it does. We are never more pleased than when we have clients return from a holiday and call us to wax lyrical about what they saw and did and how special it was. We're delighted to say that such calls occur frequently!
A lot of our past and repeat clients tend to answer this more eloquently than us, (and you might believe them more than listening to us talk about ourselves!), so we'd like to invite you to read a few of our reviews. These are not vetted or amended, by the way. We put all reviews on the site whether good or bad, but thankfully over 97% rate us as good or excellent.
Below are more reasons why we hope you might consider us for your holiday. We hope to speak with you soon.
Amanda, Guy, Tracy, Paul, Sinead, Polly, & Darren
Amanda introduces Tribes Travel
People who really want to help you
- Our team provides a personal and friendly service based on excellent (constantly updated) knowledge and passion for the places we sell.
- We listen to what you want and share our knowledge and expertise with you.
- Our consultants do not work on commission . Our advice is impartial and we are independent, so we put your wishes first instead of trying to sell allocation to specific hotels.
Excellent company reputation
- We are an owner-run independent company founded in 1998, with multiple international awards.
- Member of AITO (Assocation of Independent Tour Operators) whose quality charter we follow.
Value for money
- We know that you want value for money and we believe we offer this.
- We won't be beaten on price. If you find the same holiday at a lower price from a UK tour operator we will lower our price to beat it. It must however be like-for-like and verifiable as genuinely available.
- We have no wish to sell you a holiday which is not right for you. We work on a high level of repeat and recommended bookings, so we want happy travellers!
- We always try to stick as closely as possible to your budget. If we can not achieve this we will tell you honestly.
The right destination
- With a huge collective world knowledge, we can help you choose the right destination.
- Whether your focus is travel on a certain date or to see/experience something specific, we can help you get to the right place at the right time.
- We promise you honest impartial advice to get you to the place which will be as close as possible to your hopes and your budget.
An imaginative itinerary just for you
- Your trip is planned to your specification, but with our expertise to guide you.
- Many clients find our recommendation of a balance of luxury and adventure ideal.
- Let us advise you about unique and unusual things to do and places to go.
- When you receive your free quote, if it's not right, we talk with you and tweak it until it is.
- We are bonded with ABTOT and have an ATOL licence for your financial protection.
- Back up services are available from us in case of problems or emergencies on your travels.
- Safety Matters: we are working continuously with our suppliers to maintain and improve safety standards by seeking good practice in health and safety.
Making a positive difference
Without costing you extra, a holiday booked through Tribes can help others as well as benefitting you.
We all go on holiday to make ourselves feel better, give ourselves a break or experience something new or unusual. But if you book your holiday through us, we can also promise that your money is also working for others. Here is how ...
- Every booking with Tribes helps The Tribes Foundation, the charity we back with admin and funding. We back small, grassroots projects in many of the countries we work, such as leopard conservation or feeding and education programmes for children.
- Simply by booking with us, 10 saplings are planted on your behalf through The Travel Forest. Currently we are planting in northern Malawi, helping rampant deforestation of indigenous woodland. This is a cost to Tribes, not to you.
- We work with many unique and interesting small community or conservation initiatives offering you unmissable experiences. Such experiences often bring much-needed income to small villages and give you memories to treasure.
- We have eco-rated many properties so that you can choose an accommodation based on its positive impact on local people, wildlife conservation or the environment, as well as its features and facilities. Just look out for the "Room with a Heart" icon that will show on the accommodation thumbnail image.